State Department for Physical Planning
|No.||Project||Achievements in 2019/ 2020 Financial Year|
Operationalisation of Physical and Land Use
Planning Act (PLUPA)
· The PLUPA commenced on 5th August, 2019
· Prepared Regulations for Strategic National or Inter-County Projects prepared
· Zero Draft General Regulations prepared and submitted to AG for professional drafting
|VIII.||Implementation of the National Land Use Policy (NLUP)||
· Technical Report detailing specific aspects of sectoral laws, policies and regulations to be reviewed and aligned to NLUP recommendations prepared.
· National Technical Implementation Committee constituted and operationalised.
· Preliminary activities for inauguration of the National Council for Land Use Policy completed.
Capacity Building and technical support to the counties
· The Ministry developed physical planning manuals and guidelines for counties. These were reviewed and shared with county governments through the Council of Governors for their input before finalisation.
· Provided technical support to Counties in preparation of Plans for Bomet, eight colonial villages in Nyandarua and Malili and Makindu in Makueni counties
· Prepared Plans for strategic National Projects: e.g. Military Installations in Laikipia and Marsabit
· Facilitation of titling programmes through preparation of Advisory Plans for issuance of title deeds for Kisima in Njoro and Samburu.
|X.||Lamu Port South Sudan Transport Corridor (LAPSSET)||
· Draft Concept Note prepared for planning of Lamu Economic Corridor
|XI.||Special Economic Zone (SEZ) planning in collaboration with Export Processing Zone Authority (EPZA)||
· Physical development plans for Kinanie Leather Industrial Park Plan under review and Samburu Special Economic Zones have been prepared.
· The Ministry prepared Advisory Plan for Naivasha Industrial Park and Inland Container Depot.
· The Ministry embarked on the process of identifying and mapping land for development of Special Economic Zone for Kisumu. The proposed site is at Ombeyi which is 18Km from Ahero town, on land described as Kisumu/Sidho West/3683 and 3733 and the abutting plots.
|XII.||Kenya Informal Settlements Improvement Project (KISIP)||
· 13 Plans processed and approved to facilitate upgrading of informal settlements and security of tenure.
· Six (6) physical development plans for informal settlements in Kilifi (3), Kakamega (1) and Uasin Gishu (2) counties were developed.