The Ministry of Lands and Physical Planning placed a moratorium for suspending land transactions involving Nairobi Block 110 title deeds following several complaints of fraudulent land transactions.
In this regard, from Monday, 24th May – Friday, 4th June 2021, the Ministry will conduct a verification exercise for all plot owners to establish the validity of records held to support ownership. In order to successfully conclude this process, the plot owners are requested to note the following;
- Please prepare and drop copies of your proof of ownership documents for your plot at Survey of Kenya between Monday, 24th May – Friday, 4th June 2021 between 9:00am – 3:00pm. Ensure they are in a sealed envelope.
- The documents required are as follows;
- Copies of the Title deeds
- Certified copies of grant issued by court for succession matter
- Copy of transfer documents, sale agreements.
- Share certificate and receipt for payment from Thome farmers
- Copy of National ID and KRA Pin for Individuals
- Copies of certificate registration, certified CR12 copies and KRA Pin for Companies/Institutions
1. It is a criminal offence to present fake or forged documents and doing so will lead to arrest and prosecution.
Farida Karoney, EGH